The Denver Home Show is back and bigger than ever. Through the halls of exhibitors and guest celebrity speakers, it can get a little overwhelming trying to figure out where to begin. We also know that your time is valuable and we want you to get the most out of your visit to the show. Here are our top 10 must-see features of the show, and trust us, you don't want to miss them!
- Fresh Ideas Design Stage: Find inspiration from local and national experts on remodeling, renovation, decor, gardening and outdoor projects at the Fresh Ideas Design Stage all three days of the show.
- Matt Blashaw: Host of HGTV’s Vacation House for Free and DIY Network’s Yard Crashers, Matt Blashaw has Denver ties. Matt actually started his TV career here in Denver, where he filmed two seasons of Deconstruction with High Noon Entertainment for the DIY Network. Matt will be speaking on our Fresh Ideas Design Stage on Friday, March 17 at 4PM, Saturday, March 18 at 3PM and 6PM and Sunday, March 19 at 2PM.
- The Diedricksen Brothers: Derek "Deek" Diedricksen, author of the bestselling carpentry book Microshelters, and host of HGTV's Tiny House Builders, has been a tiny house builder and enthusiast since 1987 when he built his first non-fort cabin. Deek, along with his brother Dustin, runs the YouTube design channel RelaxshacksDOTcom, professionally builds tiny houses, tree houses, and backyard offices for clients. Deek will be speaking on our Fresh Ideas Design Stage on Friday, March 17 at 3PM Saturday, and Deek and Dustin will both be speaking on March 18 at 1PM and 4PM and Sunday, March 19 at 1PM.
- Tiny Home Village and Feature Gardens: A whopping eight tiny homes will make up Tiny Home Village, surrounded by the beautiful Feature Gardens. New this year, is the addition of a shipping container home and a tree house. The Tiny Home Village will have a presence both inside the National Western Complex near the Feature Gardens and outside at the entrance to the show.
- Upcycle Challenge: Becky Ditchfield, Raquel Villanueva and Vida Urbanos, hosts of Fix This on 9News, partnered with Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver for an Upcycle Challenge. Each team member was challenged to find pieces to upcycle at Habitat’s Denver ReStore. The upcycled pieces will be on display throughout the Show with a silent auction that will allow show-goers to bid on the final projects, auction proceeds will go to Habitat. The Fix This team will host a corresponding upcycle presentation on the Fresh Ideas Design Stage Saturday, March 18 at 2PM.
- Ask A Designer: Bring your interior design questions, swatches, blue prints and QUESTIONS to the Denver Home Show, where you can Ask A Designer! Enjoy a ten minute consultation with:
Heather Sheridan and Alina Kish of Decorating Den Interiors. The designers from the Vertical Arts Architecture team, which includes Architects, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects, and Furniture Designers
- Marketplace: Our Homegrown Marketplace is back and bigger than ever with even more decor and accessories for your home from nearly 30 local businesses. Come shop local artisans and small businesses at the Marketplace. Don’t miss Rent a Chicken in Booth #4 where you can rent chickens and coops to get fresh eggs everyday. Also, Lombardi’s in Booth #8 sells sports accessories where fans can get jerseys, book bags, cups--anything Broncos.
- Tablescape Challenge: Local radio personality, Jonathan Wilde, KOSI 101.1 morning show host, will MC a live Tablescape Challenge on Saturday, March 18, at 11AM on the Fresh Ideas Design Stage. Three local design experts and bloggers will compete in the challenge live on stage. The winner will be selected by the audience.
- Sogetsu School of Colorado Ikebana Demonstrations and Workshops: Ikebana is the ancient art of Japanese flower arranging and show attendees can view demonstrations and attend hands-on workshops in this beautiful, simplistic art form throughout the show.
- Exhibitor List: Search participating companies before, during and after the show. It’s like having a digital home show at your fingertips year-round, complete with booth numbers, store and contact information.
If you haven't purchased tickets yet, now is the time. Get 2-for-1 when you connect with us on Facebook
and treat a friend or family member to the show. We can't wait to see you at the show!
NATIONAL WESTERN COMPLEX
MARCH 17 - 19, 2017